FHS Athletic Performance and Out-Of-Season Training Sessions to Resume July 1,2020
FCSD COVID GUIDELINES for Open Gyms/Fields, Weight Room Usage, and Summer Out-of-Season Sports’ Coach Contact
- Starting on July 1, 2020, FCSD will allow current Fairfield High School registered students (8th-12th graders for the 19-20 school year) access to the HS Weight Room and will allow out-of-season coaching instruction by FCSD coaches in gyms/fields that are being supervised by FCSD employees including coaches. These training sessions must be scheduled and approved with the Activities Director.
- The FCSD employee/coach who has approved the facility usage and activity with the activities director will be responsible for the supervision of required capacity limits, the supervision of required group size limits, the supervision of required social distancing practices, and the sanitization and hygiene requirements summarized below. These are based on Governor Kim Reynolds’s most current orders and guidance from the CDC, IDPH, Department of Education, and State Athletic Associations (IHSAA/IGHSAU).
Training Sessions Scheduled as of June 30, 2020:
* HS Athletic Performance Training Sessions - Site HS Weight Room - Supervisor Jeff Jones
- HS Boys Session 6:30-8:00am - July 1,2,6,7,9,10,13,14,16,17,20,21,23,24,27,28,30,31
- HS Girls Session 8:00-9:30am - July 1,2,6,7,9,10,13,14,16,17,20,21,23,24,27,28,30,31
- HS Boys and Girls Session 2:00-3:30pm - July 1,2,6,7,9,13,14,16, 20,21,23, 27,28,30 (NO Fridays for 2:00pm session)
* HS Volleyball Sessions - Site Fairfield Middle School Gym - Supervisor Diana Drish & Vicki Rebling
- July 1,2,6,8,9,13,15,16,20,22,23 from 7:00-8:00am
* HS Football Sessions - Site Fairfield High School - Supervisor Nate Weaton
- July 12,19, 26 from 2:00-4:00pm
* HS Cross Country Sessions - Site Water Works Park (changed) - Supervisor Jerrod Belzer
- July 1,2,6,7,8,9,13,14,15,16,20,21,22,23,27,28,29,30 from 9:30-10:30am (changed)
* HS Boys Basketball Sessions - Site Fairfield High School Gym - Supervisor Mick Flattery
- July 8,10,15,16,21,23 from 8:00-9:00am
* HS Girls Basketball Sessions - Site Fairfield High School Gym - Supervisor Jeff Miller
- July 1,5,7,9,12,14,16,19 with other dates TBD from 1:00-2:00pm
* HS Cheer (Football) - Site Fairfield High School Track - Supervisor Heidi Bowman
- July 7,14,16,21,23,28,30 from 10:00-11:00am
* HS Girls Open Swim - Site Fairfield Park & Rec Pool - Supervisor Brittany Winslow
- July 21,23,28,30 & August 4,6 from 1:00-2:00pm
CAPACITY LIMITS (Based on 1 student per 120 sq. ft.)
HS Gym: 86
HS Weight Room: 25
HS Wrestling Room: 26
MS Gym: 45
GROUP SIZE LIMITS
HS & MS Gyms and Fields: up to 6 individual in a group
HS Weight Room & Wrestling Room: up to 3 individuals in a group
Coaches are responsible for ensuring social distancing is maintained between participants as much as possible. This means additional spacing between participants while participating in drills so that they remain spaced out, and no congregating of participants while waiting to perform the drill. Coaches will attempt to keep the same students in the same groupings as much as possible.
SANITATION & HYGIENE REQUIREMENTS AND OTHER GUIDELINES
- Coaches must sanitize all equipment used during the activity before and after each session. This includes the flooring of the indoor spaces used.
- Employee/Coach acting as the supervisor in charge of the activity will be required to keep an attendance log documenting temperature and COVID symptom checks of all coaches and participants involved. Temperatures can be self-reported. An infrared thermometer will be available to check participants temperatures who forgot to check their own temperatures.
- Anyone with COVID symptoms, and/or with a temperature of 100.4 and above, and/or who has been in contact with a person who has tested positive for COVID in the last 14 days will NOT be allowed to participate. If this occurs, then the parents must be contacted and notified that the participant in being sent home and the activities director must be notified of this occurrence.
- Participants should bring their own hand sanitizer and should use it periodically during the training session.
- Participants, if they desire to do so, are allowed to bring and wear their own masks during the scheduled activity. (Participants must bring a mask to wear when spotting in the weight room)
- Participants need to bring their own water bottles with NO sharing of drinks. Drinking fountains are NOT to be used.
- Food, sunflower seeds and gum are NOT permitted during the activity.
- Locker rooms are NOT to be used. Participants should come dressed and ready for the activity.
- All gear and equipment brought in by participants should be stored six feet apart on a wall or appropriate space.
- Restrooms should only be used if absolutely necessary.
- The HS commons restrooms should be used by participants in the HS gym.
- The single stall restroom in between the HS weight room and wrestling room should be used by participants in these areas.
- The MS cafeteria restrooms should be used by participants using the MS gym.
- Only registered Fairfield High School students and approved employees/coaches are permitted at the scheduled activity.
- NO parents or community members allowed. Parents should remain in their cars when dropping off and picking up their son/daughter.
- Participants will be given a participation permission and release form that will need to be signed by both the participant and the participant’s parent/guardian and returned to the coach. CLICK HERE FOR PERMISSION & RELEASE FORM