Washington Preschool has classes for 3 & 4 year olds. To be eligible for the 3 Yr Old Class your child must be 3 on or before September 15, 2019. To be eligible for the 4 Yr Old Class your child must be 4 on or before September 15, 2019. We have 2 preschool teachers for 4 preschool classes. The number of classes for each age group varies yearly, based on the current need. Our priority is getting 4 year olds in first to help them prepare for kindergarten.
- Group A, 4 year olds - Tuesdays & Thursdays from 8:30 am to 3:30 pm.
- Group B, 3 or 4 year olds (depending on yearly need) - Wednesday & Fridays from 8:30 am to 3:30 pm.
- Students with special needs will attend 1 of the groups above and also attend on Mondays.
- 4 Yr Old Class maximum 20 students.
- 3 Yr Old Class we try to keep at 15.
- School lunch $2.60/day. (assistance is available for qualifying families).
- $70.00 monthly tuition for students in the 3 Year Old Class and 5 year olds (5 on or before September 15, 2019) in the 4 Year Old Class. (Scholarships are available for qualifying families).
- Tuition amount subject to change each fiscal year, July 1.
We recommend calling several months in advance to get your child's name on our waiting list, classes fill up quickly. All paperwork can be picked up (or printed from the below links) and turned back into the A.C.T. Office at 403 South 20th Street in Fairfield. Office hours are from 7:30 am to 4:30 pm M-F. We will have extended hours on March 26th until 6:00 pm, March 27th until 7:00 pm and March 28th until 6:00 pm for Kindergarten Registration, we will also be able to assist you with preschool at these times.
- A copy of your child's birth certificate to verify the age requirement.
- A copy of your child's physical examination by a care provider.
- A copy of your child's Immunization record or Exemption Certificate.
- Parent/Guardian's Photo ID.
Enrollment/Registration Forms to be Completed:
- FCSD Preschool Registration
- School Nurse - Student Health Form
- Open Enrollment Form - Only if student lives outside of our school district and has special needs, receiving special education.
- Financial Aid Forms; ECI Scholarship for 3 yr olds & Free/Reduced Lunch Application - Optional, must be picked up from A.C.T. Office.
Printable Forms & Information Sheets:
- 2019-20 Preschool Registration
- 2019-20 Open Enrollment Form
- Nurses Student Health Form
- Physical Examination Form
- Immunization Form
- Immunization Medical Exemption Certificate
- Immunization Religious Exemption Certificate
- Parent Portal Letter
- Explanation of Student Permissions
- Meal Charge Policy
Please contact Traci Waugh at the A.C.T. Office with questions. Ph: 641-472-6836 Fax: 641-472-0269 Email: email@example.com
Community Child Care Preschool
In Partnership with the Fairfield Community School District, Community Child Care is accepting applications for the 2019-2020 Preschool Year. Community Child Care has a qualified educator and associate that will hold two sets of classes. We also offer daycare services for those who would be in need both before and after classes with allotted children in each room.
- If children are 3 years old by September 15, 2019, they will meet Tuesday through Friday from 9:00-11:30 AM.
- If children are 4 years old by September 15, 2019, they will meet Tuesday through Friday from 1:00-3:30 PM.
- The 3 year old class can hold up to 16 students.
- The 4 year old class can hold up to 20 students.
- Tuition for the 3 year old class will be 100.00 for the month.
- For children who are 5 on or after September 15, 2019 will be 120.00 per month.
- Through the Iowa Voluntary Preschool Program, 4 year old students are free of charge.
Please remember, these slots will fill up quickly, if you are thinking of enrolling your student please stop in at 611 W. Jackson Ave. or call us at 641-472-9629, Monday through Friday 7:30 AM until 5:30 PM to speak with Colleen or Renee. Applications can be picked up at either the A.C.T. building, printed from the links above or at Community Childcare.
We are excited and look forward to serving the community of Fairfield with early childhood educational needs.