Flu Symptoms and Severity
Influenza also known as the flu, is a contagious respiratory illness caused by a flu virus. It can cause mild to severe illness and at times lead to death.
The flu usually comes on suddenly.
People with the flu often feel some or all of these symptoms.
- Follow your local flu situation through close communication with state and health officials.
- Encourage students, parents, and staff to get a seasonal flu vaccine and a pandemic flu vaccine as soon as they are available.
- Through education and the provision of supplies, encourage students, parents, and staff to take everyday preventive measures, including covering coughs and sneezes, washing hands often, staying home when sick, and cleaning surfaces and objects routinely.
- Separate sick students from well students, and send sick students Temporarily close child care facilities and schools to increase space between people (social distancing) when a pandemic is severe in terms of how quickly flu is spreading and how sick people are getting
- Consider alternatives for providing continued learning and meals to student
- Discourage students, parents, and staff from gathering in other places when a school is closed.
- If children and teenagers must be in groups, keep them in small groups, such as less than 6 people. Make sure groups consist of the same children each day.
Fairfield Community School District